Wednesday, March 3, 2010

For the love of Saucony

I stopped and switched to these shoes yesterday as I was getting my exercise speed walking from the street car stop to home. My blunstones as well as they served me on the farm, they were never as light and resilient as my sauconys. I have never loved a pair of shoes more and perhaps I love them so much because they were with me through so much. As my birthday approaches in little over a week, I get contemplative. These shoes served me so well when I lived in SF, when I journeyed to India for Yoga, at the farm, to Uruguay and now walking on in Toronto. They are a reflection of me: well worn, yet still comfortable and open to adventure.

2 comments:

  1. I love the story about your shoes. isn't it funny how we become attached to shoes? i had my mom's tattered old walking shoes for ages because they reminded me of all her walks in san francisco....

    sazzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is quite funny, sazzy. nothing beats a good comfortable, well worn pair of shoes with a lot of history that's a lovely story about your mom's shoes. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete